Inspiration

We are a food-conscious, travel-loving, simple-hearted passionate couple who love their zing. Our philosophy in life is – If life gives you lemons, don’t stop at the lemonade.. go find some tequila!
This may well be a tricky philosophy but it works. Many a times we want something but life gives us something else. We want apples but we get lemons. Instead of sulking over our sour grapes (apples?), what we need to be doing is using those lemons and using them well. Lost your job? This is the chance to pursue the thing you’ve been wanting to do all your life. Make it work. Find that tequila. Got a health problem? Overcome it by concentrating on something else. Channelize your energy into making the rest of your body and mind feel good. If they feel good, your problem issue will get better. Trust me.
Everything boils down to how our mind feels everyday. And food plays a very crucial part in calming the mind and calming the senses. Following a healthy and balanced nutritious meal is half the battle won. Health is Wealth and whoever said that was certainly not kidding.
We all have health issues. I have. You have. Everybody has. Heart issues? Blood Pressure? Cholesterol? Bowel issues? Pimples? I am no doctor, I am no nutritionist, I am no expert. But I have learnt to overcome my personal problems with a bit of research, with a bit of common sense, with a bit of experimenting, with a bit of patience and with a lot of  determination. My travails were not to reach a goal but to maintain a healthy journey. During my (ongoing) journey, I searched for ingredients and recipes for both general health and to tackle specific health issues. This blog is my attempt to document my findings – an insight into local and exotic ingredients (some of which we commonly use in our cooking), a guide for making quick nutritious (and delicious) meals and a guide to tackle specific health issues.
Be wise, use your common sense. If a recipe makes sense to you, try it. Don’t shy away from experimenting. 
Having said that, I may post an indulgent recipe here and a funky recipe there – because every week has a Sunday and we love Masterchef Australia and we love decadent-looking food! 

No comments:

Post a Comment